Tuesday, May 5, 2015

Human & Animal Interactions

I recently saw this article & felt like sharing it. I mean if you read through the entire article, it seems interesting to see octopus on camera and will want to immediately watch the video attached along with the article. Here's the link to the article: http://www.dailydot.com/lol/angry-octopus-wakes-up/



I wanted to bring up that reading & watching this article & video was not very pleasing to my eyes. You can see both males are curious and are poking/disturbing the shell out of curiosity. The one thing that I did not agree with was after finding the octopus inside the shell, instead of leaving it alone. The man decides to try to play with his friend and throw it near him, entirely out of the octopus's free will.  This in a way reminds me of the parrot in class, we, in reality, want the animals to do something & treat them differently, "doing chores" when the parrot says back. The octopus never wanted to be thrown or disturbed, and it makes me disappointed in how ignorant some humans can be to animal life. 



No comments:

Post a Comment